Information we collect – When you browse the Sites and do not interact for any online service or product from BD Supply, we do not collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address. When you become a registered user on our Sites or provide personally identifying information on our Sites, we will retain certain personal information from you. The type of personal information collected may include name, address, phone number, birth date, billing, and delivery information, e-mail address, credit card or other financial account information, and other demographic information. The type of information you provide will determine the personal information that is collected.
How information is Collected.
- We collect information directly from you. The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you: during Sites or survey registration; in connection with an online or in-store purchase; if you submit a request, information or other digital content through our Sites or via social media interactions on a third-party website; if you return a product or use a rebate; if you apply or inquire about employment, etc.
- “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies. You can edit your browser options to block cookies in the future or delete pre-existing cookies.
- An IP address identifies every computer on the Internet. Each time you connect to the Internet, your machine is assigned an IP address.
- “Tags” refer to scripts that are used to track a visitor’s activity on our Sites by Web analytics software. A visitor’s activity is anonymous if he/she is not logged in. If a visitor has logged in using his or her username and password, additional information is passed through these tags.
- We collect information from other sources. We may get information about you from third-party business partners, such as an updated address from a shipping vendor.
- We collect information from affiliates of BD Supply. We may get information about you from a company controlled by, or under common control with BD Supply.
How we use personal information – Once collected, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Register you for products, programs, and services you have requested
- Process, fulfill, and follow up on your orders
- Answer your e-mails or requests
- Send information that you requested
- Send and process surveys
- Ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs
- Communicate general substantive information about BD Supply or its products, programs, and services
- Notify you about new products, services, special offers, upgrades, and other related information from BD Supply and other approved third parties
- Make Sites, product or service improvements
- For other uses we may disclose to you.
Exclusion – We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from you to third parties in the event that we sell or transfer substantially all of our assets related to BD Supply to such third party.
E-mail Policy – For some e-mail messages distributed by BD Supply, specific information on recipient response is collected. For example, we may review how many recipients open and subsequently choose to click through to links provided in an e-mail message. We use this information only for the purposes of analyzing areas of interest, improving our products, and enhancing the usefulness of our Sites. You can opt-out of receiving e-mail notifications by using the account to be opted-out and sending an e-mail to us.
With whom we may share information – We may share your information for our business purposes and as legally required or permitted. For example, we may share information with our service providers, vendors, and manufactures of our products. We may share your information with third party companies so that you may receive future catalog offerings about products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also share information with our affiliates or business partners who are running a joint promotion with us or who provide a product or service in partnership with us. BD Supply may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on BD Supply; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of BD Supply; or (c) protect the personal safety of BD Supply personnel, members, managers, officers, employees, representatives, or members of the public in urgent circumstances.
Children – We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to children under the age of 13.
Information security – BD Supply implements commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data and personal information. We restrict access to personal information to BD Supply employees and contractors who may need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our products and/or services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution if they fail to meet these obligations.
User ID and password – Certain areas of the Site require the use of a user ID, email address, and password as an additional security measure that helps protect your information. When you have finished using a secure area of a Site, make sure you always click on the “Sign Out” link. When you click on the “Sign Out” link, your secured session will end. No further secure transactions can be conducted without re-entering your user ID and password. You should be aware that browser software often “caches” a page as you look at it, meaning that some pages are saved in your computer’s temporary memory. Therefore, you may find that clicking on your “Back” button shows you a saved version of a previously viewed page. Caching in no way affects the security of your confidential user ID or password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login name and password and you accept responsibility for all activities, charges, and damages that occur under your account. If you have reason to believe that someone is using your account without your permission, you should immediately contact us. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to promptly notify us of unauthorized use.
No guarantee – Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, and despite our efforts, BD Supply cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. BD Supply further disclaims all warranties regarding the security of personal information in the hands of payment processors.
Protection from harm – You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The web site may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The web site may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights of third parties, or the downloading, copying, or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. BD Supply disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use of content posted on this Web site.
Indemnification - You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BD Supply, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, members, managers, officers, agents, or other partners, and employees, from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your participation in the Sites, your violation of this Agreement, or your actions that harm the rights of another person or entity. All information on this Site are provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, therefore, some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. However, in no event will BD Supply be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages or damages for loss of profits, revenue, use, or data as a result of claims, whether brought in contract or tort, arising out of or connected with this Site.
This Site may not be available at all times. You agree that BD Supply will not be held liable if the Site is unavailable at any time. BD Supply shall not be responsible for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network conditions which may limit or prohibit your opportunity to participate in any way. You assume all responsibility and risk for the use of this server and the Internet generally.
Intellectual Property - You may not use, copy, or distribute the information, designs, or data found on the Sites, except for personal or noncommercial purposes. You are not granted any right or license under any copyright, trademark, service mark, patent or other intellectual property right in the information, services, processes or technology of BD Supply, and BD Supply retains all such rights. You acknowledge and agree that upon receipt of a notice of a claim of copyright infringement, we may immediately remove the identified materials from our Site without liability to you.
California Privacy Rights – California law permits users of our Sites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
Your Rights – you can contact us at any time to: request access to information that BD Supply has about you; and correct any information that BD Supply has about you. You can register or change your preferences to receive or not receive marketing communications from us by contacting us. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still contact you for transactional purposes like confirming or following up on an order or service request, responding to customer services inquiries, asking you to review a product or service you have ordered, or notifying you of product recalls or rebates.
4816 Brecksville Road
Richfield, Ohio 44286
- If any provision in this Policy is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, BD Supply and you agree that the court should give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Policy will remain in full force and effect.
- You agree that any lawsuit relating to the Sites or any activity thereon must be brought in state or federal courts located in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, USA. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts and waive all questions of jurisdiction and venue. The terms of this Agreement and the relationship between you and BD Supply will be governed by Ohio law, without regard to conflicts of state law.
- The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.